The existence of the Graphic Laboratory at Fikom Unpad aims to :
- Supporting the activities of the Tri Dharma of Higher Education for the entire academic community
- Develop student creativity and activity in appreciating and applying advances in communication technology,
- Providing skills to students in the field of communication in mastering software and hardware from planning to production,
- Creating a teaching and learning climate that can create a link and match between the academic world and the needs of the community for labor.
- Develop science and communication technology
- Form a professional mental attitude in the field of communication science.
- Visual Communication
- PR Media Publishing Management
- Media Design
- Print Journalism Production Workshop
- Introduction to Journalism
Head of Laboratory Workspace
This room serves as a place where the head of the laboratory carries out his main duties and functions as the person in charge of laboratory managerial. Some of them are data collection and scheduling of courses that practice in the laboratory, planning short, medium and long term laboratory programs, research and community service, and other administrative tasks.
The classroom with a capacity of 40 people is equipped with furniture that is ideal for practicum participants to follow the material of graphic courses and perform graphic design computer operations. Classes are also equipped with air conditioning, LCD projectors, screens and computers for lecturers or teachers.
The editing room has several editing computers that serve as a place for students to make an introduction to the types, types, characters and techniques of running software, digital engineering and digital printing techniques. Available software includes Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe In-design. While the hardware consists of several computers with specifications that are quite ideal in the world of graphic design today.
The printing facility is equipped with a wide range of printers of various brands and print sizes. A4, A3, A0 printers to color plotters with a width of 3 meters. The printability of these devices has the ability to print on a wide variety of media such as paper to flexy materials commonly used to print banners and baligo. This laboratory is projected to be the forerunner of the birth of Fikom Press, which has the aim of becoming a publishing institution for academic works of both students and lecturers.